Monday, March 7, 2011

Zonealarm Firewall

There are some very useful programs that ship with your computer, but there are also some that you should go and search. Most computers today come with a trial version of an anti-virus programs, and every computer comes with a kind of firewall. However, before you rely on what the manufacturer of your computer is recommend to you, you should see what works well for those who you know. I have the Zone Alarm firewall and I love it. I had to figure it out on my own, but I'm glad I did.

This Zone Alarm firewall is great because it gives you a lot of control over what it does. Some firewalls are so hard to figure out that you have-websites you want to see that does not appear, and many applications that you know safe refuse to perform. When you use the Zonealarm firewall, you get the choice every time you want something to work or not. It is usually concerned with information to and from the Internet to go, and that is what you also need to worry.

When I first installed Zonealarm firewall, it asked me if it was okay for Internet Explorer for access to the Internet. While that seems a no-brainer, there are some viruses that will mimic things as Explorer. Then I could see that it was my browser who tried to get on the Internet and then on that I would allow. You can tell a program once, or click that it will always have access to the Internet must have.

What makes this feature of Zonealarm firewall big, at least for me, that when an application on my computer wants to broadcast information, I get to see what's going on, before it happens. If you have a virus or some other rogue program that attempts to steal and then send your personal information from your computer, your Zone Alarm firewall to stop it until you say it's okay for that program to run and go online. You can look up anything before you decide. You can save yourself a lot of grief with that simple application of the firewall from ZoneAlarm.

There are a few different versions of the Zone Alarm firewall you can use. There is a free version that works very well, but you have so much control. You can also pay for the Zone Alarm firewall with even more control in it for you to use can, and also their anti-virus software also. You can even use the spyware that Zonealarm has to offer. All in all, gets you something that is very good for a very good price, even if the free version is not that everything you need. You can on your computer with Zonealarm feel safer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment