Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ancient knives

My fascination with ancient knives began when I was just a small child. I used to go watch the medieval armor in the Metropolitan Museum of art of love. My parents gave us the Metropolitan art museum near each end of the week, and we would spend hours. I would usually spend most of my time watching great armor combinations. I loved the swords, knives, daggers, axes and all sorts of other weapons.

My favorite of all were the ancient knives. There are some nice decorative ceremonial daggers there. Of course, they had used daggers in Sword fight, but they also knives from other parts of the world. They are ancient bowie knives since the time of the border, scimitars strange bent is by far and monstrous daggers Indonesian corrugated.

I started actually my antique knife collection when I 13, although I do not know yet. They sold some old knives to the market with my father. He thought it was time for me to create my own knife, when I asked for an agreed. I really thought they were ancient knives. They looked like old, somewhat altered leaves with filled decorative. One I bought was scrimshaw. This is the only years later that I realized that it was made of baleen whales.

Since then, I've met several ancient knives. I love all that is old and my ancient collection is quite extensive. I am ancient armor, old records, a phonograph in the 1920's and many other pieces of curiosities machine. I am now not so obsessed with weapons that I used as a child. I still love them, but I spread to try other things to collect.

There are still some children's joy that I get when I look at my knife antique cupboard. I have a real way back in the day Bowie knife, an archaeological site Peter knives and knife world war IM. I could go on but you get the idea. Unless you're a geek from the collection of old weapons like me, you probably did enjoy more. For me, however, there is something beautiful ancient handicrafts. Look at the ancient knives made by hand and individually decorated never ceases to be a source of joy for me. I know it will never get old no matter how I live for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment