Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Adolescent mental health

Teen mental health problems are more common that most people are willing to admit. As parents, we believe that our children are normal, if not perfect. Although this usually far from the truth, even in healthy families, you can learn a child suffering from a serious mental illness completely disastrous for parents. When my Johnny began teen mental health problems, I would not even admit to myself. I thought it was just going through a phase. However, when he started to involved in self-destructive behavior, contact with the family to lose and become the worst worst ranks, I knew that something was done. Finally, I got my greatest fear. My son was not normal. It was a good kid, but it professional psychiatric care.

Of course, find a good doctor for him was extremely difficult. In many communities, there is a serious shortage of decent adolescent mental health. Acute care was good there, a hospital which would almost immediately - but find that I felt really that he needed long-term care were more difficult. Mental health among adolescents often improve a few weeks to a few years, but that still leaves the problem of the treatment of the conclusions in the meantime. You want the best for your adolescent psychiatrist - a person who was a mentor and role model and can be a good doctor. He was also a decision you set. You want your comments and opinions of your adolescent find someone that they really can balance work.

The psychiatrist who I think is an expert in the treatment of mental health among adolescents. He dealt with adolescents with schizophrenia acute anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, and many other health problems. In fact, he has worked on the basis of a reference of the acute clinic that my son, so I have his name after the first physician does not work. I would say that my child found many, and I he held in the highest esteem. It seemed to be the first good break we had received this test because all began, and I was optimistic that more positive developments follow.

It turns out I was right. In short, mental disorders among adolescents come in two flavors. There is simply the product of young people-anxiety, depression and things like it - and who have become active during adolescence and then disappear not disease. If my son had schizophrenia or other chronic diseases, prognosis has been quite a bit darker. Adolescents with chronic anxiety and depression problems, however, he was not intended for life problems faced in the same way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment